POLK COUNTY -- Respite care is a special name for a short-term break for caregivers. When a caregiver looks after someone, it’s a 24-hour job. They need a break from time to time to look after their own needs. That’s where you can help.
Pierce, St Croix, Barron and Polk Counties are seeking patient, committed and energetic families to become certified Respite homes to provide support and care to youth who are experiencing significant behavioral challenges. A qualified household will have the following:
- 2 adult household or extensive support system if single adult household (preferred)
- Ability to assist with appointments if needed
- Must be able to meet Respite home requirements per your county.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Eligible to become a certified Respite home
Eligible applicants will have experience with the foster care system, experience with youth with high acuity behavioral issues, extensive knowledge on the effects of trauma, knowledge of the Wraparound approach, willingness to accept youth from all backgrounds, availability for training, and the ability to participate in youth crisis and treatment planning.
Approved applicants will receive $150 a day for respite care. If interested, please reach out to the Polk County Foster Care program:
- Tiffanie Degestad: (715) 768-9568 or email@example.com
- Alisha Olson: (715) 554-3924 or
[Image by Freepik]