“Support Staff Spotlight” is a weekly series that shines a spotlight on those that work behind the scenes in our area county departments that keep everything running smoothly. These individuals rarely get any attention (or credit?) but are vital to their respective departments. A new “Support Staff Spotlight” (formerly known as "21 Things You Might Not Know About Me") from one of our six-county coverage-area county departments will be published each Monday on DrydenWire.com.
SAWYER COUNTY -- This week, we shine the spotlight on Jane Pearson. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Jane, she is the Receptionist at the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office and has been there since December 2022.
Before you read Jane’s "21 Things You Might Know About Me," check out what her boss, Sawyer County Sheriff Doug Mrotek, had to say about her:
"Jane started with the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office as our receptionist in December 2022. She has learned the responsibilities in her new job sooner than expected and is always looking to take on more tasks. She is very caring, has good work ethic and is very dedicated to her responsibilities. When people enter our lobby, she greets them with a smile and does her best to assist them with their requests. She has a positive personality that everyone enjoys. We are blessed to have Jane on our team." — Sheriff Doug Mrotek
21 Things About Me: Rochele Winger
- I was born and raised in Wisconsin Rapids, WI.
- My fiancé and I have been together for 7 years. We have 4 grown kids between us. 3 boys and 1 girl and 6 grandkids!
- I am the shortest (and oldest) of my other 3 siblings.
- I love to take pictures of nature and I have been known to pull over on the side of the road to snap a picture of something that catches my eye.
- I love learning new things.
- My idea of swimming is laying on a floating device in the water, however, I love body surfing in the ocean.
- My grandmother taught me how to fold fitted sheets.
- Playing the piano is my favorite way to relax and I played on the worship team for several years at church.
- Coffee is one of my love languages. One can find me drinking coffee any time of the day or night. There is nothing like a cup of smooth dark roast coffee to relax.
- My favorite wine is Old Vine Zinfandel by Seghesio.
- I love to sit on my deck at sunrise with my coffee, read my devotional book and listen to wildlife sing their morning songs.
- I love southern foods, such as homemade fried chicken &dumplings, okra, and grits with pure maple syrup. (My grandmother's recipes). My favorite meal is a ribeye grilled on a Himalayan salt block, baked potato, and grilled asparagus.
- I have a rule that I never swim in a lake where I can't see the bottom, weeds that are lurking under the surface, or if leeches are known to be sneaking around in the water.
- I love canoeing and kayaking. I really enjoy kayaking in the very early morning when the water is smooth as glass and sharing the lake only with the loons.
- I love to stand in the woods & listen to the sounds around me. A soft breeze really does make the trees sing.
- I enjoy sitting around a campfire and listening to my grandkids share what is on their minds and gazing up at the sky to see all of the stars.
- I have a German Short-hair Pointer, Annie, who will be 2 at the end of March. She is full of energy and loves to give hugs. She loves to go for UTV rides, car rides, pontoon rides, fishing, and playing with her doggie friends. But I think her favorite thing to do is chase squirrels. We love this breed of dog so much, that we decided to be foster parents for German Short Hair Pointers.
- The most important things to me are my faith, family, and friends.
- I enjoy going to old fashion supper clubs. But I do not like to drink old-fashions.
- I love walking in the rain. | might have been caught a time or two running, jumping, and splashing in the puddles. My grandkids love it, but not so much as their parents.
- I started my new job at the Sawyer County Sheriff's office, on December 5, 2022. I am enjoying my new position and my new co-workers. They have made me feel at home and welcomed.
You can read "21 Things" from other support staff members from our area county departments by clicking the link below.
Last Update: Mar 21, 2023 11:32 am CDT